As you may have already seen, an FA communication has been sent out that was published by the BetVictor Northern Premier League to advise that the 2019/20 season has been brought to an end and all results expunged.
The planned changes to the Non League pyramid will now not be going ahead as previously planned.
Whilst we have not officially received a communication from the league to advise the season is cancelled, we take the FA and League statements posted on their respective websites as confirmation of this.
This is not the communication we were expecting, and a lot of teams were hopeful of the season being finished at a later point in the year, we however respect the decision that has been made. Whilst on the pitch is was a transitional season and results have not been what was hoped for, we will take this time to plan for the new season whenever that may be and look to strengthen the club both on and off the pitch where possible.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our staff, volunteers, fans and sponsors for all their efforts and support over the last 7 months and we hope you will all will be back for the new season.
With the current Coronavirus pandemic this is going to put a huge strain on the clubs available finance going forward, whilst previously mentioned we do not have any contract players, we still have a number of bills and commitments that will need paying between now and new season. We are hopeful of being eligible for the £10,000 grant available for small business which will go some way to covering this as well as the Government scheme to pay 80% wages for our current staff. As we mentioned on our update a few days ago, we are very hesitant at this time to start a crowdfunder as we know people are losing jobs and short of finances, we may however reach a point over the coming months where we may need to ask shareholders, supporters and local businesses to help in keeping the club afloat. We have filled in a questionnaire to the league and FA that we hope may lead to some financial assistance but at this stage it is all very much up in the air.
If the lockdown ends in good time and we get a date for the new season starting, we will look to volunteers to help with much needed maintenance around the club to get us ready for the season. We will put a communication out at a later date about this once things are clearer.
The Prescot Cables Board of Directors